My family

My family

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Just put my favorite dinner in the crock pot!

My mom has a recipe called Colorado Pot Roast that is amazing! My husband is not a fan of (aka he hates!) tomatoes and onions, and those are the main ingredients. The recipe also requires very lean beef, or my favorite is venison. We didn't get a deer this year:( But  friend gave us a small pack of venison- not enough for all of us for dinner. It has been sitting in the fridge for 4 days, hubby told me he didn't want it to be wasted on something he didn't like, but he hates to cook venison, so today I decided to turn it into my favorite since he wasn't going to cook it. It isn't nearly 4lbs like the recipe calls for, but it is delicious even with a small amount of meat. And very healthy too! Great served over brown rice.

Anyways, here is the recipe.

Colorado Pot Roast


Ingredients

4 lb. beef roast, trimmed of fat
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 c. sliced onion
1/4 c. vinegar
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/4 c. ketchup
2 T. brown sugar
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. mustard
1/4 t. paprika

Directions

Put roast in crock-pot. Pour remaining ingredients over roast and cook on high for 2 hours, then turn to low for 4-5 more hours. Serve over rice. Sauce may be thickened with flour and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment